Saturday, October 31, 2009

How come I get the shakes if I don't eat a snack?

I eat a breakfast and then usually eat lunch about 12:30...I skipped my snack today and now I am totally getting the shakes...what is the deal. If I have a snack I don't get like this but I wasn't hungry so I skipped it. What's the deal...what's going on? Any tips or advice is great thanks!

btw...I don't have any medical conditions.
Answer:
hypoglycemia...you don't need to have a medical condition in order for you to get the shakes; everyone needs a certain blood sugar level and if you don't eat, it falls, causing fainting spells and sometimes even seizures.
Your blood sugar levels are probably getting too low. Try to eat small, non-sugary snacks throughout the day to help keep your levels from dipping too low between meals.
you could have low blood sugar. But I'm not a doctor. I'd say make an appt. to find out for sure.
Everyone can get jittery when their blood sugar dips. It sounds like you need the snack to keep your sugar level even..If you eat some protein and whole grains for breakfast it will help keep your blood sugar from spiking and dipping so fast. Most cereals are essentially pure sugar so you feel good fast, but they don't last for long. Try peanut butter on whole wheat toast or an egg and oatmeal instead. Also, if you are drinking caffeine on an empty stomach it's going to intensify the jittery feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net