Saturday, October 31, 2009

How come fat people.?

How come fat people want the medical community to cater to them even though they are fat? How come they get mad and offended if a Dr tells them to lose weight for their own health. After all, thats what a dr is supposed to be doing right? looking after patients health? How come drs get sued for telling a pt to lose weight before he'll do knee replacement surgery or any other surgery? Especially when its in the pts best interest when their weight can cause complications in surgery? Or that fat people just use surgery or medical treatments to fix problems that would be fixed if they just lost weight? I just dont understand.
Answer:
are you a dr, or why do you care, I understand drs telling you to lose weight and it's for health reasons, but there are some instances when it should be avoided, like after a woman just had a baby and this is the first time seeing a new medical dr, he tells her first thing, you need to lose some weight. That is what happened to me, and I was hurt and offended, I was still caring weight over from the pregnancy. This dr also could tell me to lose weight but was not any help when I asked him how he would reccommend going about it. I was already trying to lose weight and failing no matter what I did. So before a dr offers this advice, he needs to be willing and knowledgeable as to what they can do to lose the weight.
me neither...glad I don't have the problem.
Fat people don't mean to be bad people.
It may be very hard for them to loose weight, and they need professional help sometimes, because some fatnesses come from dramatic stress and stress can make people confort their zone with eating. It is a type of stress and best way to do this, is go to the doctor and accept of the things he/she will say. Then, it is your own way to make yourself love and be loved. Fat or thin, we are all humans.
I agree with you...

Fat people just cant admit because being fat is what they've done!

And Surgery and those things...

Why are people proud of it?
Take a look at how many more fattening products are sold thanks to those over-consumers. Who wants an unhappy fatty with an equally fat appetite for buying his 'medicines'? Plus there's the human rights issue gone wild... ;-)
I don't expect to be catered to for medical reasons and I am considered to be over weight by about 70 pounds.
* i quite agree with you .if people looked after themselves better they would be far healthier.it is not fair on the doctors or the hospital staff to be expected to lift such heavy people.
I think that obesity is an epidemic that is sweeping the nation, and people don't want to admit they have a weight problem. It must be hard to be that overweight--- people look at you funny, treat you differently and it's hard to find clothes to fit. (I have the same problem being short-- except for the weird looks).

I think that rather than wanting to work to lose the weight, a lot of overweight people want a fast fix (like gastric bypass) rather than working out and doing what they can on their own.

I don't know about suing the doctor over encouragement for weight loss. I'm not too overweight, just slightly, and my doc wants me to lose a few pounds to stay healthy-- it makes me happy to know that she cares!
Wow, how do you know all this info about fat people?I'm over wieght and I do'nt expect anybody to cater to me. Where do you get all your infromation at or should I say who do you get it from. I think you must have know one fat person that acts like this and now your sitting up there on your high horse judgeing every overwieght person there is. STOP JUDGEING OTHERS!!
Being overweight is not necessarily by choice or poor diet, genetics can also be an issue. And when genetics is an issue, it is exremely difficult to lose weight. It can be very difficult to lose weight and to lose a lot of weight you have to change your entire lifestyle and if you do not have the support that is needed it is that much harder. There is no "one fix" or "fast fixes" to losing weight it takes a long time to properly lose weight. I have not ever met anyone that expected to be catered to, I agree with another post, you are basing your question from one person to the general.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net