Sunday, October 25, 2009

How can I reduce eye swelling/puffiness, and quickly?

Yesterday I found a lot of cotton towel fibers that had been stuck in my eye; I got a bit paranoid thus I spent about half an hour trying to pick it out with my eye (I did wash my hands before I did it, and I know it was stupid, but what's done is done) and it got a bit swollen after a while (just under my eye though). It started to go down yesterday, but I didn't get enough sleep so this morning when I woke up it looked a bit worse (like I had double bags under my eye). I went to the eye doctor who told me to put a sock with rice in the microwave and hold it over my eye.It's been getting better (it only looks like I have a slightly puffy bag under that eye) but my sister's Bat Mitzvah is tomorrow and we're taking pictures tonight.

What's the fastest way to reduce the puffiness as much as possible (maybe even within a few hours)? I know some kind of teabags are used to get rid of under eye bags/circles (which kind is the best if this would be a good idea?
Answer:
use preparation H on the puffy area. Don't get it in your eye though! ---- I've used this method before and it works pretty quick. I put it on before bed, and was all better in the morning. But if you give it a few hours, you should be fine for the pics tonight.
ice, and an anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen
tea bags
Keep doing what your doctor said. Used green tea bags will help. You can also try cucumber slices over your eyes. Good luck. You'll be much better for the pix tomorrow.
Your eye doctors advice sounds good, I also think any tea bags work, I also believe cucumber slices over the eyes work as well, someone else mentioned preperation h, that sounds like it could work as well. I hope everything works out. Good luck.
Preparation H works MIRACLES! However, be sure you get the white, thin, CREAM version instead of the petroleum based clear stuff or it'll be too greasy! Cool tea bags also are supposed to work, however, I've not had much luck with them.
Ice will reduce swelling quickly. So will cold cucumbers (remember those goofy spa facial pictures?)

As for tea bags, try chamomile or green tea. Those work best because they contain nutrients that are also good for your skin.

If you're really desperate, you could always consult someone about concealer to mask the puffiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net