Saturday, October 31, 2009

How can you tell the differences between a common cold and just allergies?

I'm not sure which I have. %26gt;.%26lt;
Answer:
Common colds will cause a lot of coughing and sneezing and body aches. On occasion you may even get chills. When I get colds they usually come from someone else. I rarely just catch one. Sometimes they will have flu like symptoms too.
Allergies come from anything from dust and dirt, to pets or plants. With my allergies I get sinus headaches that a Bayer aspirin won't help. My nasal cavities get inflamed and my eyes either hurt or they itch. Usually my T-zone hurts a lot. I also get a little fluid in my ears. Mine turn into upper respiratory infections or rhinitis. Some people take Claritin for the sneezing. I also cough at night. Nothing works but Robitussin cough drops with the Honey Center. There is also a cough medicine the VA gives me with Guifenisin and Dextramethorphan. My nose runs too.
The most important thing is that both will cause a fever when full blown. The fever will cause irritability and discomfort.
You are right to go to the doctor. They will diagnose you and be sure to get you the right medication. They also know your background and allergic reactions. Good Luck girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net