Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How do I find a good primary doctor and dentist in a new town?

Previously, I've only used my parents' physicians from my hometown that I've had all my life. Now that I'm in a new location with no trusted peers in the community, how do I gauge the worth of general care physicians? Would they be able to retrieve my medical, dental, and orthodonical records easily? When I find my physicians, should I schedule a general check-up so they have a baseline to begin with?
Answer:
Your new doctor obtaining your old records is easy..you just sign a release, and they fax the request. You can get your own copies, too. Just call and ask. You will probably be told to send a written request, so that they have your signature on file.

As for finding a new doctor, ask around. If you bought a place, call the Realtor that helped you. Ask your landlord. If you have kids, ask at their school. Call the public health nurse and get her opinion. Doctors are like clothes..you may have to try on a few before you find one you like. You can even ask your old doctor if he/she knows of anyone in your new area. Good luck.
first, you need to decide what health insurance company you want to have. once you have decided, you can go to the insurance web site and find a doctor that is affiliated with your insurance and that is close to you. then, once you have the information from the physician and dentist, you can always request a copy of your medical and dental chart from your previous doctor and dentist to be sent to your new health care providers. this will help the providers to know you while you get to also know them.
Along with what the people above me said, also ask a Pharmacist. I've been a pharmacy technician for 3 years and Pharmacists generally know all about the doctors in their area. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net