Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How do health insurances feel about people taking narcotic painkillers?

Do they eventually become concerned or take action if a person is prescribed to them alot? I was just watching a show about narcotic pailkillers and how they are just handed out in ER's. I would think that if an insurance company stepped up, maybe that person wouldn't have such easy access.
Answer:
No most have no problem with it if U need them. I got a letter from mine once that I could never be turned down treatment for my chronic spine. Yes If Ur doc shopping they will stop that quick, I've seen that happen.
Each case is different and you can bet that they look at what's going on. To the other answer, morphine restriction is from the DEA because of the type narcotic it is. I take Oxycontin so I relate to what Ur saying Good question!
I know they dont like it. because I take morphine and can only get so many at a time and cant get an okay to refill until a certain amount of time is up.. I`m sure it would be differant if they had to deall with chronic pain..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net