Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How do health professionals treat anorexia?

Most websites say that anorexia is treated by health professionals, but I need to know how!
Answer:
Weight check-ins, talking, checking blood work, medication, etc.

I see my doctor weekly right now. We talk about school, firends, life, and nutrition. She checks my heart often, gastrointestinal functioning, blood work whenever needed, and my weight. I am on several medications as well. If I show signs of danger, I get a feeding tube and/or hospitalization. I wouldn't be alive without my medical doctor.
My sister was treated for that. When she was in the hospital they put a feeding tube up her nose that goes down to her stomach.
Usually it's with the person in a hospital setting with counseling and 1 to 1 watching of the patient during eatting and for a specified length of time after eatting to be sure there is no purging to break the cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net