Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How did you stop smoking?


Answer:
Flat out COLD TURKEY here. I tried the patch, the gum, cuting myself back to even just 1 a day for weeks. But it always came back to not how well each of them worked, but how easy it was to just drop them and go right back to full blown smoking again.

So one day I thought, If they're not working it's because I'm just not ready. Plain and simple. And the only way that I would know if I was truly ready, was to just jump in and stop cold turkey. Then I felt like at least it was just me that I needed to fight. Not the gum, the prolonged urges, and whatever the heck I talked myself into for a good enough reason.

This way it was just talking myself out of those reasons. And the thing that helped me the best was "15 more minutes", and "just have to make it 1 week", and all of that. Because it really becomes 15 minutes at a time, and one day at a time until finally you just don't think about it.

Been 1 1/2 years and I still know that I'm a smoker.... Just one that hasn't had one in awhile. I don't think about them much anymore, but I'm sure as heck confident that it is easier to fight those little urges now, than to have to go through fighting the big cold turkey urges again.
i didnt, but if you want to, this is what you do, lock yourself in a room with 3 days worth of suppies and youll either go crazy or stop smoking, or in a win/%26#92;win sich, both =D
By never starting
You have to really want to first of all ,or all the quit plans in the world will never work.As for me I didn't quit and have know intentions of quiting, but that's my choice.
It is tough you probably need to schedule a couple of days of activities that you usually do not smoke at, this will keep you busy at least for the first couple of days.

If you look for some external help find something that doesn't feed you more nicotine, kinda defeats the purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net